6-8 king oyster mushrooms (yields about 1-2 sandwiches)
1/2- 3/4 cup bbq sauce of choice
1/2- 1 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, parsley
3-5 tbs of oil
1 sweet potato
– Run fork along the stems the mushrooms to shred finely.
– Place shreds in a bowl and season to taste.
– Add oil and mix until shreds are coated.
– Preheat oven to 400 F.
– Cook down until shreds have released moisture and are tender.
– Once cooked down, toss shreds in a bowl with bbq sauce.
– Once tossed, add shreds back to cast iron pan or parchment lined baking sheet.
– Bake in oven for 10-12 mins.
– Meanwhile heat some oil and prep sweet potato fries. Cut potato lengthwise into fry shape and then in half.
– Fry until golden.
– Remove mushroom shreds from oven and toast bun/bread on the side
– Remove fries from oil.
– Assemble and serve sandwich with mushroom shreds and pickle along with sweet potato fries on the side.